Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Bending Spoons

I always get a little nervous when I'm sent new music from bands or artists I've never heard of. Often my natural inclination toward cynicism is right on the money, and on other occasions I'm pleasantly surprised with what I find when I investigate further. Last weekend, brand new local band Cricket Farm sent me an mp3 copy of their debut track, Bending Spoons, which I was thrilled to discover, and it falls rather comfortably into the latter category. So much so, I thought it was well worth sharing here. Which I guess is the whole point of them sending it. It's a quite lovely slice of soft acoustic folk, with a sweet vocal from Hayley Robertson, and just a hint of humour right at its core. And yes, it does feature a guy playing spoons ... check it out on the band's Soundcloud page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment